Are you selling enough?
Over the past few weeks, we have been talking to SUP retailers across the USA, and they all agree that this is the year for the sup accessory market to really fly as the sector continues to explode. We took some of their insights and are sharing them with you here – we hope you find them useful:
- Location, Location, Location – make sure your accessories are highly visible to sup buyers; especially if this is their first board. Merchandize with and ON the boards rather than in a separate accessories fixture.
- Hand-Hold – explain to first time buyers, or those upgrading from a first board, that there are a number of key accessories that can make their life easier during their paddle journey.
- Start a Relationship – if you sell a board, then that’s just the start. There are plenty of other up-selling opportunities that sup boarders will either have to buy, or might need including leashes, PFDs, wheels, board carriers, storage, new fins and on-board storage such as The supPOCKET.
- Talk – consumers are getting savvier about what’s out there for sup boarders. Find out from them what they think are the latest accessories to have, and where they are hearing about it.
- Sniff out the opportunities – we can’t all make it to SurfExpo to see what the latest accessory is all about, but checking out the industry media and social media might help including Sup Connect, StandUp Journal, SUP International, WSSM, Wake, Wind & Surf, Stoke Radio and Facebook for groups and individuals.